|Daniel Jones' Saw Mill|
Robert Shepherd's Grist Mill
In 1836 Robert Shepherd and a partner acquired this saw mill property. In 1852 Shepherd added the grist mill standing here to grind feed and flour. In 1883 the grist mill was then vacant, the saw mill was torn down, and the mill pond was drained in order to provide land for the new CPR spur line to the waterfront.
The Samuel Rogers Oil Co. purchased the property in 1893, using the building and nearby land for a coal oil depot. From 1911 to 1978, the Imperial Oil Co. occupied this site.
Erected by the City of Brockville, 1999
|A BROCKVILLE LANDMARK|
The Ontario Heritage Act
Robert Shepherd Grist Mill
ERECTED BY LACAC.
FUNDED BY THE BROCKVILLE FOUNDATION.