In the Upper Canada Village/Battle of Crysler's Farm site, south of the Upper Canada Village Parking lot stands the memorial to Loyalist American Regiments.
This monument has been erected by a grateful province to commemorate the services of His Majesty's Forces in North America 1775-84. In particular the following which were disbanded as units and settled along the St. Lawrence River in the new Province of Upper Canada.
The 84th Regiment (Royal Highland Emigrants)
The King's Royal Regiment of New York (Royal Greens)
The King's Rangers (Rogers' Corps)
The Loyal Rangers (Jessup's Corps)
Who with their families approximated four thousand persons.
Many units composed largely of persons residing in the American provinces at the time of the revolution fought valiantly in support of the Crown forfeiting their property and suffering great privation. They and their descendents played a leading role in the rapid development of this province. For their service and sacrifice all those who suffered for this cause are known as United Empire Loyalists.
UT INCEPIT SIC PERMANET FIDELIS
AS LOYAL SHE BEGAN LOYAL SHE REMAINS
The Union Jack flown from this pole, flag of the British Empire at the time of the American Revolution commemorates Sir John Johnson, knight and second Baronet of New York, major general of militia, New York Province, Liutenant Colonel Commandant, the King's Royal Regiment of New York, Superintendant & Inspector General of the Six Nations Indians, Colonel in Chief of Militia Eastern Townships, member of the Legislative Council of Lower Canada.
Born Johnstown N.Y. 5 Nov. 1742
Died Montreal 4 Jan. 1830
This tablet was presented & the first flag raised by Sir John Johnson, sixth Baronet of New York, 24th June 1961.
Note that the flag on the pole here is the flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain used from 1606 to 1801.
TO THE LOYALISTS
OF THE INDIAN NATIONS
1775 — 1784
To commemorate the services of the many thousands of the Indian Nations who remained loyal to the British Crown at the time of the American Revolution and being much maligned and driven from their lands were settled in the new Province of Upper Canada, the badge of which province contained in their honour the pipe of peace.
THIS TABLET WAS ERECTED ON THE THIRTIETH OF JUNE A.D. 1962
IN THE TENTH YEAR OF THE REIGN OF E. M. ELIZABETH II QUEEN OF CANADA