The plaque for this bell reads:
This bell was taken from the ruins of the clock tower destroyed by fire February 3, 1916.
"The fire raged fiercely for hours. The main tower was not touched until about 11 p.m., and one of the most pathetic incidents of the night, which moved the spectators, was the striking of the midnight hour by the old tower cloock. There seemed almost a human touch as its familiar tones boomed out from the mass of flames."
From the 1916 report of the Deputy Minister of Public Works.
|The Victoria Tower Bell Monument was restored by Public Works and Government|
Services Canada in cooperation with the Canadian Bankers Association.